Ayana Bio announced the first-ever launch of plant cell-cultivated lemon balm and echinacea health and wellness ingredients, starting with the U.S. market.
- Boston based Ayana Bio‘s products, produced using plant cell cultivation technology – usually termed as tissue culture, a means to create plant materials without growing plants in the ground – but in lab conditions. Know more about plant tissue culture technology here.
- The products Non-GMO lemon balm and echinacea are directly from plant cells, bypassing the constraints of agriculture and creating full traceability. Read here about the uses of lemon balm and echinacea.
- Precision fermentation has become the most common technology across the industries; While it can be valuable, there is a limitation, as it can deliver only one bioactive at a time. Ayana Bio’s plant cell cultivation technology can produce the full spectrum of bioactive in a plant.
- Ginkgo Bioworks’ AI-driven foundry allows Ayana Bio to analyze hundreds of plant cell lines simultaneously for the most promising starting points.
Other companies using plant tissue culture technology now are:
- Spiderwort a tissue-engineering business that repairs and regenerates human tissues with biomaterials based on cellulose.
- Phytocultures, Canada: A horticulture company that offers tissue culture services and systems, as well as the development and production of distinct varieties of haskap and potatoes.
- AVT Biotechnology, India: A pioneer lab in Chhattisgarh that provides tissue culture raised plants, vegetable seeds, aroma oils, and handmade papers.
- Adithya Biotech Labs and Research Private Limited, India: A pioneer lab in Chhattisgarh that produces and supplies tissue culture raised plants, vegetable seeds, and research and development services.
- Indo-American Hybrid seed company, India: A horticulture company that specializes in the production and supply of hybrid seeds and vegetables, flowering plants, field crops, and ornamental plants using tissue culture technology.
Plant tissue culture revenue is anticipated to reach $2,202.9 million by 2031, growing at a compound annual growth rate of 6.4%. More on market trends, here.